« Home | San Francisco Mandatory Sites » | San Francisco Breakfast » | Los Angeles » | Orange County » | Return to USA » | Valle de Angeles » | Tegucigalpa » | La Ceiba » | Stuck or not stuck in Utila? » | Belated Happy New Year »

Dili for a change

At the same time, Dili is the same and different compared to nine months ago. On the surface many things look like nothing had happened, but the IDP (internally displaced people) camps quickly make it clear that there is a difference. On the way from the airport on Friday, I was 'greeted' at Comoro bridge by a gang fight that was being handled with tear-gas by the international police forces.

On the other hand, lunch and swim at the beach side made me feel as if I never had left.

I had really great three days meeting many old friends and I realise I had missed this country despite all the work-related stress that I used to complain about.

Just before leaving today, I had a luch at my usual table 9 at Hotel Timor and again, it felt like I didn't ever really leave...



Labels: , , , ,

I know what you mean about loving your country and also about the work related stress. It's so easy to travel and forget about everything. Check out this video I found about a group traveling around the world. They've got no worries. I'm so jealous: http://travelistic.com/video/show/2051

Interesting pictures with only half a face in them. Are they self-portraits? ;)

~Elaina

Both portraits are taken by my friend who wanted to make them look artistic...

The table 9 at Hotel Timor used to be our regular lunch location. They serve quite nice Portugues food, and most importantly, the cool air and calm atmosphere provides a much needed break from a hectic day and hot weather.

Post a Comment